View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 01:56 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
And do you see him NOT getting re-signed? There's almost a 0% chance he won't get another multi-year contract.
I think we need to consider the compliance buyout, but more amazing to me is that Quincey is near 15 million dollars in earnings. Like you said he would likely get a decent contract off the bat, not probably for the same dollar amount, but people should keep in mind he played for Canada last year in the World Championships. It is clear the hockey community sees him in a little different light than Wings fans.

On Cleary his time is up, he pushed his body to the limit and unless a miracle happens for him health wise I just don't see it. I think he can be unloaded to a contender at the deadline and should be. There are options for the Wings, he will be missed for his dressing room presence, and he was a great signing back at the last lockout. Really gives everything he has, have no problem with his effort, he just cannot get it done anymore and it is starting to lead to a ton of frustration penalties.