Old
01-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I would just dump Brodin, Coyle, Setoguchi, and Dumba right off the bat. They all have great potentials but none of them ever grow much and in Seto's case, he actually gets worse. Dumba went from a 58 to a 63 in three years, Brodin went from a 71 to a 75 in three years, and Coyle went from a 69 to a 74 in three years.

I would recommend keeping Falk and Granlund though since they actually get good, although like all prospects, Granlund's faceoff rating never gets better than 60.

And there's no 78 overall Brodin in free agency for me so it must just be you.
That's why I upped Brodin's potential from 4 stars to 4.

Falk was claimed off the waivers, which was a bit of a gaff from me. That being said, D is not my worry right now.

Current line-up (as of November 2013, with everyone healthy):

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Glencross-Granlund-Horton
Clowe-Bouchard-Brodziak
Beach-McMillan-Mitchell
Fontaine, Chapuit

Suter-Spurgeon
McDonagh-Gilbert
Stoner-Scandella
Prosser

I still have Zucker, Phillips, Coyle etc in the system, but they're in the AHL this year.

I've done the following "major" trades:

Clutterbuck

Carl Gunnarsson

-----

Setoguchi

Nathan Horton

-----

Sami Vatanen
Carl Gunnarsson
Nick Palmieri

Ryan McDonagh

-----

Tyler Graovac
Robbie Figren
2014 2nd

Curtis Glencross
Markus Granlund

I think I don't need to make any trades for a while. Mind you, I acquired Clowe, Figren, Chapuit and Cheechoo plus couple others off FA last summer, so I think I've done quite well with my assets. Now I'm looking to trade Clowe so I can fit Fontaine back into the line-up. For some reason, he developed into a 79 OVR sniper over last summer and he has an insane shot (99 wrister power and 90 accuracy or something like that).