View Single Post
01-26-2013, 03:22 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I doubt Cleary is moved unless he asks to be moved, and I can't see him doing that.

edit: and I don't mind that. For me, he's where Holmstrom was the past couple of years. He might look poor in the regular season, but when the playoffs roll around we won't be wondering why Cleary isn't taking the body, or working harder. The guy will leave it all on the ice. Will it be enough? I don't know, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt that he'll find another gear when it counts.
I honestly don't know that he can find another gear. He is working pretty hard despite some peoples comments in the last three games. Might as well throw out the opener.

He has never got comfortable in front of the net again after the broken jaw in my opinion. So that role is a bit confusing, in fact I liked the idea when Cleary got hit yesterday of trying Gator there. I know a lot of people aren't super high on Abdelkader, but he was a solid net front guy at both MSU and GR. So he should get a shot if they are looking for that, he would be my second choice after Franzen. We might find out he really does a great job on the second unit and provides more than people think. It would certainly raise his value to the team then also. Would save Cleary for the pk and help him in his actual minutes.