Old
01-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I honestly don't know that he can find another gear. He is working pretty hard despite some peoples comments in the last three games. Might as well throw out the opener.

He has never got comfortable in front of the net again after the broken jaw in my opinion. So that role is a bit confusing, in fact I liked the idea when Cleary got hit yesterday of trying Gator there. I know a lot of people aren't super high on Abdelkader, but he was a solid net front guy at both MSU and GR. So he should get a shot if they are looking for that, he would be my second choice after Franzen. We might find out he really does a great job on the second unit and provides more than people think. It would certainly raise his value to the team then also. Would save Cleary for the pk and help him in his actual minutes.
I don't know if Cleary can find it or not, either. There's a good chance he can't, but I'd be willing to give him the chance to do it.

With the net front stuff, I don't know. I don't like Cleary on the powerplay just because I'm not sure he brings a whole lot to it. I'd be fine running Gator out there for it once in awhile to give it a look. I also wouldn't mind seeing Ericsson stuck in front of the net. He skates pretty well, he used to be a forward, and someone his size would have to be a handful in front.