Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Islanders (Jan-27)
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
This is a huge test for us. The Islanders don't carry the same 'excitement factor', if you will like Boston, Washington or Pittsburgh, so as much as we were up and ready for those games, it's going to be a big test for us to be up and approach this Islanders team with the same approach, intensity and focus. I hope to see us come to play here much in the same way we have our last 3 games. The bar has been set, it's time to see how we handle the 'lesser' teams of the league, no disrespect intended.

*FYI I still consider us a 'lesser' team. Just saying whether you're a good or bad or mediocre team, in most cases you always get up to play the leagues best teams.
This season has been pretty awesome so far. All the Jets have done since laying that stinky egg in the opener is prove that they are different from last years team: Able to overcome playing on the road, back to backs, and playing teams that usually pick us apart.

Tomorrow presents yet another big litmus test for this group: Playing a 'lesser' team after a big emotional win. Young, inexperienced, and not so great teams typically have a big letdown after winning a big game (see Maple Leafs). I have a feeling that these guys are hell bent and determined to buck all the old trends. We have a much stronger lineup than last year, and I think the players are starting to shake off the ATL attitude (no offense).

I am going to be super bold and predict Al Montoya starts against his old team and we win 3-0