Thread: Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Islanders (Jan-27)
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Jet
Big Ben

vCash: 50
I was thinking about this last night. I was, as I know we all were, over the moon when we got this team. So excited that we would have an NHL team to truly call our own. Watching them play, seeing the story lines, it was all fantastic.

However, something wasn't quite the same as the original Jets. I didn't feel as connected to them, as excited as I was to watch and follow.

After the game last night it was like I had an awakening. I realized that I now love this team as much as I loved the original Jets. That says a lot, since the last time I loved a Winnipeg Jets team I was a youngster who constantly drew pictures, worked on lineups, kept stats, wrote synopis' on games afterwards. Keep in mind this was all before computers. I used the free Jets calendars I got from Shoppers Drug Mart to scribble notes, playoff percentages, scores. I still have these things to this day.

I love this team more than I ever loved the Oilers in the Jets absence. As fun as it was watching the 06 Cup run, it's nothing to the way this team makes me feel. There is nothing that comes close to my Winnipeg Jets.

I know this was lame, hokey and off-topic, but I felt I had to share it with others who hopefully get what I'm saying.

GO JETS GO!