View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 03:28 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
We're losing Green, Ovechkin, and Backstrom by the second.

If you want to wait for Jones be my guest. Long term it won't even make that much of a difference if our forwards are ****.

You're going to pay more for forwards than a mid-aged defenseman. If you draft Jones you're attempting on plugging the holes on offense which we can't effectively do with the cap. Grab a guy like Drouin or MacKinnon and the top 6 is solid when performing at it's potential. No excuses then about talent around Ovechkin. If you have Ovi, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Forsberg, MacKinnon/Drouin, and someone else on the top 6 there is virtually no excuse for that group.

Be my guest though. Hell, even Barkov is a better idea than Seth Jones at this point. If we were starting over this would be a good idea but we're not. We're not one defense piece from a Cup, we're one defense piece and many on offense. I count about 3/4.
OMG IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE WE'RE WINNING PANIC STATIONS!!!

So according to your plan, draft only forwards (because you pay more for them) and acquire defensemen through free agency and trades? Welcome to the Edmonton Oilers.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote