View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 03:29 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
His offensive upside is way underrated, and his intangibles will only get better every year. You don't just make Team Canada during your draft year by being just another 1st D pairing defensemen.
He only made that team because the Oilers wanted to see how he would look against the men (Lowe was GM). I do agree his offense is underrated, but it's still not elite or close to it. I see Murray as a guy you place on your first pairing and he sticks there for a while. Very valuable, but not franchise. Ryan Suter type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Not for me, no. Top-4 or 5, but not #1.

He'll be a top-4 defenseman in the NHL next year. He won't need to develop much more, as he would have been ready to step in this year if not for the lockout and his injury. He's already on par with a guy like Dan Hamhuis, and anyone who has actually watched him play would know that. And I'm not talking about just highlights or clips.

This is how I feel. Ryan Murray is an excellent player, and the fact that a "fan" of the team that drafted him puts him down so often really makes me question whether or not that person is actually a fan. We didn't draft Nail Yakupov, get over it.

Murray has every bit of a chance to be a Duncan Keith type player, or better, in this league.
Putting Murray down? I have called him a first pairing defenseman, how is that an insult? Just because I didn't call him the next Lidstrom or next best defenseman to ever play in the NHL doesn't mean im bashing him. Some people have different opinions on him, just because it isn't yours doesn't mean you can question my fanship.