View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
And to complement that argument, I'd add (to piqued's list)

-Firing Tippett

When I mentioned that what irked me what the ambivalent direction this team took under JN's tutelage, it essentially stems from there. Tippett has shown with Phoenix that he can take a budget team to the playoffs, and if JN wanted to make the playoffs, that was a gigantic gaff right there. Also, it so happens that at the same time he was talking to the media about building a la Detroit and Pittsburgh. The problem was that Detroit- a perennial contender- benefited from drafting despite picking lower in the draft order thanks to an enviable scouting squad and Pittsburgh benefited from sucking badly for 3 straight seasons- during which time they won the Crosby sweepstakes. We shared nothing in common with either team because we obviously were in no shape to contend and neither was this team (allowed to?) suck badly enough to pick at the top of the draft.

Oh...then there are the Glennie and Campbell picks over _________(insert name).
Completely forgot about that.

I'm don't remember how I felt about Dave before his exit, but I remember a little bit of distaste for him. Replacing him with Mr. Hair though? Wtf.