View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You are telling me Subban hasn't even earned a Gorges-esque contract? Because Bergevin's offer implies he's nothing but potential, like Eller. That kind of ignores the past two years, no?
Yes, that's what I'm telling you. PK signing a Gorges-esque contract will take him to free agency. Why on earth would the Habs want to hamstring themselves like that? Gorges had to grow into his own before signing his long-term deal, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Not moving since May sounds more like stupidity and stubbornness than negotiating :/ unless there's stuff we don't know.
Probably is stuff we don't know, but, again, you can't negotiate during the lockout and the "since May" rhetoric doesn't really work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
Maybe you're right, but it's not a good offer.
Didn't say it was, but I can understand it. Bergevin is not sold on PK deserving the big money over big term, and, frankly, I don't know why anyone would be safe for being madly in love with the guy. This entire process has been clouded with emotion.

PK should watch and learn what an elite defenseman looks like, his name is Andrei Markov. I don't doubt his potential, but doesn't mean we should pay for it just yet. Again, that's just my opinion.