View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Perhaps we've been spoiled over the last decade with some fantastic PP triggermen, but I dont see Diaz quite on the same level as our previous guys. His shot is good, not great, and I would like to see him get it through traffic more often. Sometimes, I feel like his shot selection is a little questionable as well. His passing is fine, but not exceptional like markov who can pierce the box at will with cross ice gems.

I see him as a somewhat adequate first unit pp guy with markov, but I think he would make a great 2nd unit guy. We just don't have the luxury to put him on the 2nd unit right now, until PK comes back.
From what hes shown, he could be as great as Streit(Wich I think, means pretty much our best Point man since the early '90s. Now he need's to do it consistently. From what I've seen this year(Swiss league too..) and some of last year, he's a good shooter and passer. It's all in the IQ and Diaz as alot of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
5 pages of praise I think is going overboard.

But all sports fans are like this. I read boards all over the net on various sports and the moment a player does well for a couple of matchs, fandom see them as the second coming. It's just that I think it's too soon and we Habs fans tend to create Gods of mere men pretty quickly. Remember Latendresse?
I remember Tender, I also remember injuries and mishandling of his case.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote