View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 04:36 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 0
I get tired of these bs reports coming out years after . Gretz was on the downside of his career and he wouldn't have accomplished much here .

I remember him and his agent goiing from city to city trying to drum up a bidding war for his services which never materialized . Here in Toronto Al Strchan was working as his personal publicist trying to pump up fans .

There were also reports of him agreeing to a deal with the Nucks but the hang up was he wanted a couple of days to discuss it with his wife but the Nucks wanted an immeadiate answer and that killed the deal .

Gretz was always about the cash once he left Edm and when he signed with the Ranger he made a ******** comment at his press conference how he was the only player to take a pay cut to got o NY .

Take this for what it's worth but my father was a manager for him for over 30 years and Stavro told him Gretz would never wear a Leaf jersey because he felt he cost the Leafs a cup when he carved Gilmour and wasn't penalized .

To be honest i never felt he'd ever come back and play for a Canadian team , i felt he was exploiting our fans and media to try to get a bigger deal in the States . If he wanted to come back to Canada and it wasn't about the cash why wouldn't he have gone back to Edm where he won his 4 cups ?

hotpaws is online now   Reply With Quote