Thread: Post Game Talk: at Buffalo 1/25
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 06:27 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Gillies View Post
I do not understand all the hoopla about Skinner saying AYFKM in reaction to a call he does not agree with - it happens every single game.
The guys getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are doing more than making a one line reaction.

Anyone who has taken a stick to the head/face can tell you that your knees buckle an you go down. It has only happened to me 3 times but I can tell you I was on the ice so fast you don't know what happened - didn't see any embellishment on the obvious high stick that wasn't called.

Skinner needs to mature some sure, but there are star athletes in all sports whining and complaining every game - guys much older.
ive been around the game awhile myself, have reffed and played quite a bit. this one instance was overboard, which would be fine as an isolated thing but the point being made is that skinner is and has gone overboard more than a few times. i dont want his head. i wish he'd grow up. we arent talking about the high stick. though from both the player and ref side of things i think he went out of his way to sell it. its embarrassing to watch and it does nothing to help the team - only hurt it.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote