View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 07:43 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethOfDragnz View Post
I am excited about the 2014 Olympics and Canadas chances for a gold medal. I think that Team Canada will more then likely be the same players as 2010. There will always be a few changes here are a couple different players I think could make the 2014 team. Jonathan Tavares was awesome in juniors but has also dominated in the NHL I could really see him getting a spot on the 2014 team. Jordan Eberle, captain clutch has been fantastic in the NHL after a incredible WJC run. There were questions about Eberles size and if he could do the same at the NHL level, like he did in the juniors, and he has overcome all the doubters, even with being on one of the worst teams in the NHL. Claude Giroux another player that has just been awesome in the nhl and exceeded expectations he could easily have a spot on the Olympic team. Steve Stamkos unbelievable how good this kid is for just 22 years of age. He can really do it all and would be great asset to Team Canada. Lastly for goaltending I could see Johnathon Quick being selected. Martin Brodeur did not look very good in the 2010 Olympics. However he looked awesome in the 2012 playoffs taking the NJ Devils all the way to the finals but I still have my doubts having him as our starter. Luongo is good when he is on but he has a tendency to let in a soft goal. And the guy can crack when things all go wrong. I think Quick after his stellar play in the 2012 playoffs is our best pick for #1 goaltender. That is just my opinion. The great thing about Canada is there is always so many great hockey players Canada always has a team with the potential to win gold. I can't wait for 2014 and for Olympic hockey to start.
I like your enthusiasm, but Quick is American.