View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Habssince89
Bandwagon Subban fan

vCash: 351
So with MaxPac out I guess either eller or glachenyuk goes to the top 6. Personally I'd love to see

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
DD-Eller-Cole

-This allows for the plek line to stay intact, we need their production to continue especially with Pacioretty out.

-I like sliding Eller to C, in the top 6, with capable wingers. It forces him to 'put up or shut up' after sitting him and gives him a sort of fresh start to see what he can do. No joke intended but there are 'no excuses' for him not produce. Some talk has been that he grumbles about not playing C or not being in the top6, and that goes out the window with this lineup.

-If Eller really is top6 material, a few games in this position should show it. For me, it's not necessarily whether that 2nd line would click or not and rack up points but if Eller can handle the minutes and provide some scoring chances with DD and Cole, than it's worth keeping him there. It could take some games to get true production, even if Eller looks good there.

-If not, than Galchenyuk will have his turn or the Plek line breaks up. Hopefully this is how MT sees it, I would hate to see the Plek line break up right now.

Last edited by Habssince89: 01-26-2013 at 08:11 PM.