View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 08:12 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
So does Galchenyuk develop better playing 13min with decent linemates, or does he develop better playing 20min with below average linemates?
It really depends. In the case of PK Subban for example, he was thrust into a top-4 role when playing against Pittsburgh and Washington, and flew with it. We'll see what Galchenyuk can do.

Quote:
and Diaz played a few too many minutes with weak linemates. I think they would have developed better with 2-3 less minutes a game with a better partner which Markov would've allowed.
Hard to say they would have developed better, they seem to be doing ok.

Quote:
If Gomez had not been injured I think Desharnais would've replaced him anyways. Perhaps not quite as soon but it would've happened. He was playing better than Gomez, that will win the coach over sooner or later. As for Eller, I'm a big fan of his but he bears some responsibility too, he needs to force the coach to play him more. It's not about waiting for an injury it's about playing good enough that the coach gives you a bit more responsibility, then playing even better with that extra opportunity. Force the coaches hand! I'm not expecting 50 points, but 28 points doesn't exactly scream he's ready for top-6 either.
28 points for his minutes, role, Corsi Rel QoC, zone starts, pp time, etc is actually pretty good. I don't think it's realistic to expect much more.