View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Sabresfansince1980

vCash: 500
Before the season, even before Hecht was signed, I thought Ruff needed a three scoring line set-up if three scoring type Cs were on the roster. Grigorenko is that guy now, since IMO Hecht is not a "scoring type" and should be more of a 4th line C or 3rd line W (or wherever a hole opens up). Also, since IMO there's nothing to lose this season (no big expectations) Ruff may as well play Grigorenko in any/all scenarios to speed up his learning curve. I don't believe in a young player getting "ruined" by hard knocks early on. If that's so he probably isn't mentally tough enough to be a great player anyway.

So for the above reasons I'd like to see three balanced lines by breaking up Vanek and Pominville. It was working fine late last season during their run. I'd like...

26-19-9...Ott is a better version of Tropp, and they played well down the stretch.
23-25-29...when Leino gets back, see what they can do with a combo of board work, rookie playmaker, and good veteran two-way play.
82-63-21...they were great last season because other teams couldn't match-up to three scoring lines.
32/42-55/37-36...switch Scott and Gerbe depending on the team, but either way that's a great 4th line.

I would LOVE to see what those lines could do, with no particular line being "#1", "#2", or "#3".

Sabresfansince1980 is offline   Reply With Quote