View Single Post
01-26-2013, 09:09 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Great game, but still not liking this:

Rupp and Asham - 2 minutes
Eminger and Halpern - 4 minutes

I know they won, but isn't this what got them in trouble last season? I know they will play less games this season, but isn't that something they want to avoid with the lack of conditioning from training camp? Hopefully Arnott and Kreider coming back will help in reducing the minutes that some guys play. I know the big guns have to be on the ice, but hopefuly this can give Torts some guys he will trust more in the bottom 6.

I did not notice Eminger making mistakes. I thought the 4th line looked good for the couple shifts they had. Why not play them for a few more minutes? Even if it is 8 minutes a game, it helps take a minute or 2 off guys each game. That means something in the end of games and in the long run.
Again, a couple of reasons I think. The Rangers were playing from behind most of the game so Tortorella was leaning on his top players, and also that with this slow start, he's leaning on his top players even more than he normally would because he wants to get the team rolling. The Rangers started the game rolling 4 lines, etc, but Tortorella shortened his bench once they went down a goal or two.

I'd be if it was the Rangers going up a couple of goals, he'd roll the lines more. I also think he's probably feeling out that bottom six and trying to find out if it's a line that he trusts.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote