Thread: Practice Report
View Single Post
Old
01-26-2013, 11:40 PM
Habblues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
I dropped by the practice today and thought i would share a few notes here.

I missed the start, but when i got there they were practicing recovery of dump-in and transition to breakout.

I noted that Clement Jodoin was running most of the drills, Therrien was back with the crowd of players waiting their turns.

They had the four coaches on the ice and they all seemed to be looking at different aspects, and working with their particular players. IE JJ with the D.

At one point when the players were stretching the coaches took turns shooting trying to hit the posts from the blue line. They seems to have a nice dynamic with themselves and the players also.

Gionta scored twice low blocker on price on the breakout plays, nice little shot. Price showed a little frustration after the second one, as in how did he trick me again.

White is a funny character. at one point he scored on goal mouth scrambles and did an exaggerated celly ala yakupov i guess. he went back to price and gave him a tap after.

Kaberle got hit in the face by a deflected point shot and left practice. (i think it was weber, lol jk)

Cole was standing alone aside a couple times, and he did not stretch as much as the other players. not sure if he is a little sore.

Maxpac was not there, as reported, he has Flu symptoms.

As practice ended most of the players left the ice but about half of them stayed on for some extra work.

JJ set up lines of pucks for the Dmen to hammer at the net from the Blue line. Diaz and Weber looked quite good here.

Gorges was shooting his ine and White+Prust shot pucks at the line to mess up his sequence. was pretty hilarious. JJ gave them flak as in you guys do you drills on your side and dont mess with us. Gorges was not too happy.

They did it again when Gorges was shooting his second line a little later, and JJ was actually blocking their shots. when gorges finished he went over and took a slap shot at them, well next to them. was funny.

more players left.

Gally, chucky and Desharnais were shooting pucks into a bucket to pick them up, White came over and dumped the bucket and then explained that they should play a game to put the pucks in the bucket. it was essentially like 21 in basketball. one guy shoots and the others shoot in rebound if they miss. they did this for some time.

Diaz was puck juggling with moen, like haki sack.

Eller was the last off the ice, he was practicing some shots with JJ to finish up and they cleaned up pucks at the end.

It could be fun to keep this as a regular thread since practice is usually open, and many people like to watch. this could be a place to share observations. Just an idea.
Great Idea........Thanks and very interesting.