View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 12:54 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore* View Post
The problem with JVR was we could never count on him. He was always injured with this or that and missing games because of it.

I loved that kid's potential but the fact is he just never lived up to it here.

To me, it was no big deal giving him up for Luke because it wasn't like he was always counted on to be one of the guys that you could count on to carry the team in crunch time.

Instead, if you got a big contribution from him it was looked at as a bonus instead of what was actually expected.

I'll take Luke any day over him simply for the fact that we can count on Luke from what we've seen so far.
I think this is a good summary. I liked JVR - the injuries kept us from truly seeing what he could give. I still think he might put it all together in Toronto and end up being a 30 goal 60 - 70 point guy.

I think people expected too much from him too soon. He is supposed to be a power forward type player, and they take longer to develop. Just look at Cam Neely and John Leclair. They didn't do much their first 3 or 4 years then after trades, they exploded. If he could ever play a full season he might do the same.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote