View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
you know, despite the multiple sources repeating that # (or at least ballpark) as the Habs offer, part of me still doesn't believe it.

What could possess MB & the habs brass to even consider offering such a lowball salary to a player who quite arguably has been their best performer the past 2 seasons (to say nothing of future potential).

How could any GM/Owner be that dense? It seems absurd to the point that there must be some other factor at play here that is, thus far, hidden from view
That's what I asked myself from the start. It makes no sense.
But at the same time, why is there such a disconnect?? I mean, at least in Dallas, rumors were that parties were getting closer. They weren't exactly on par but were set on making concessions and coming to an agreement.
In Mtl, it's as if they are worlds apart, which leads one to believe, where are they?
Every single rumor has been consistent about one thing, Habs management want a small term deal, at a cheap rate. It's the only thing that has consistently been brought up. Even considering PK's camp, we've heard Doughty money, we've heard 5M, we've heard PK willing to drop down to 2years. But the one constant, management going with 2y at a cheap price.
So, I'm still scratching my head.