View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 01:25 AM
nhlfan9191

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
I can't comment on how well Theodore has done on the ice (I haven't been watching, or been following)... I can't comment on how great Markstrom is going to be (I haven't been watching, or been following)... But, even if assuming on ice play is completely equal (which is top 5 goaltending results... some will say top 7 or 8, whatever) there is no way, IMHO, either Theodore or Markstrom could make such an impact on the team... The Canucks turned it around, once Luongo got here... He instilled a high level and expectation on the entire team... If what Florida is lacking is someone to wear a cape and grab the team by the balls, it's Luongo...

With this said, however, my opinion is that Florida ride it out this year... Grab a real high pick, if necessary... Send a high 2nd along with one or two nice prospects for Luongo at the draft... With Luongo in hand, sell a nice free agent or two to join the team (universe willing), and go forward from there... If it's leadership (or the "IT") Florida (or any team) is lacking, there are few better options than Luongo - in terms of making significant impact roster-wide... and that completely ignores on-ice play - which is top 5 (or around)...
We aren't going to be building a team around Luongo which your suggesting. He's simply to old to be doing that. I doubt Tallon will ever change the offer he's apparently already made to Gillis. If teams like Toronto continue to lowball, Gillis will likely turn to us if we still have interest because he respects Luongo a lot.