View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 01:31 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
According to CapGeek's Brandon Saad player page, his contract slid last year but has started this year: http://www.capgeek.com/player/2125

I believe that rule applies more to underage Pro players (Junior-eligible), as I said in another thread. Because Saad turned 20 in 2012 - the year he turned Pro - he's not considered an underage Pro and thus his contract doesn't/shouldn't slide. Could be wrong, but I think that's it.
I think it shows like that b/c he's currently playing on the Hawks - if you go the pages for Grigorenko and Scheifele it shows their contracts as having "started" (i.e. doesn't indicate a slide for this year) - but they can still be sent back to junior. Although, when you go to the pages of Zibanejad and JT Miller (two players who are in the AHL and haven't played enough games to burn years) it doesn't indicate their contracts have slid...but with that said, if the player is AHL-eligible you wouldn't know if the contract slid or not until the end of the year.

i find it all a bit confusing.

i guess the best comparable would be to think of someone who has a late b-day like saad - so only played 1 more yr in jr after being drafted - and then played a full year the year after than in the ahl - and see what cap geek indicates. i can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Last edited by UsernameWasTaken: 01-27-2013 at 01:38 AM.
UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote