View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 01:37 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
You know, if I had to put money on it when this whole thing started, I would have bet Luongo landed in Tampa.

And I would have been wrong.

But it makes perfect sense. The Lightning have 2 aging guys with Vinny and Marty. They also have vets such as Ryan Malone and now Sammi Salo . They have Hedman and Stamkos but both are ready to contend now.

Does Yzerman have some kind of GRUDGE against Luongo or something? He goes for Lindback instead? I think Luongo is a perfect fit in Tampa. Its where he wants to go and they need him now.
If Yzerman had a grudge against Luongo he would have passed him over for Team Canada and certainly wouldn't have got together with Babcock and inserted him.

The lack of a Luongo move is starting to make sense. It is clear Gillis is asking for close to what fans are, just no way that gets pushed through. Maybe Florida will get desperate enough to anti up on the trade.

Yzerman wanted a younger cheaper goalie, the Wings have never paid their goalies all that well, seems he is following that strategy. He drafted his future goalie and went out and got a cheaper young term option hoping it will pan out.