View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 01:54 AM
wgknestrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
You deserve a slap in the face if you want to assign meaning to advanced stats after 4 games .

As for the Malkin comment, now that you highlight him and call his and his defense absolutely terrible, what goal against has he been to blame on except his give away against Toronto. Enlighten me, please.
Where would you like me to magically get these extra games to use in any analysis for this season? Slap yourself in the face.

Opposing teams are scoring 5.5 goals against / 60min of icetime while Malkin is on the ice. If we take Malkin's 13.5min of 5v5 ice time / game, he is on the ice for 1.2 5v5 goals / game It is tough to win games when you are basically spotting the other team a goal (sometimes 2) every game with your "top" player. Don't forget the pens still have the goals against from other lines too. In a thread about "fix the defense", I am just stating that he (or his line) is the big gaping cannon ball wound causing all the blood loss.

Crosby's line is giving up .67 5v5 goals against / game (and his line hasn't been doing very well either).

Dupuis / Cooke have goals against of < 1.5 GA/60min in comparison. They are giving up .25 goals against / game.

If you still want to sit on the high horse and claim Malkin is fault less with respect to his defensive responsibilities, then fine. How are Dupuis, Cooke, and Sutter able to get such great stats in goals against playing in front of the same defense and same goaltender as Malkin's line does? Why is Malkin's line giving up goals at 2x the rate of Crosby's?, or 5x the rate of Sutter's?

Last edited by wgknestrick: 01-27-2013 at 02:02 AM.
wgknestrick is offline   Reply With Quote