Old
01-27-2013, 02:00 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
What do you mean having more free agents screws everything up, why would it, it's just more FA's than there already are?

Is it possible to know which teams are struggling financially so you can move them?

Can you make any kind of schedule you want, like if I wanted could I have every team play each other twice home and away?

If one were to do a promotion/relegation system, since there would be no draft in that format, would the young players just be FA's that anyone could sign?

Thank you for the info so far.
1. The 'haves' just end up getting richer whenever that happens. If I 'contract' the Tampa Bay Rays it's not the Pirates and Astros getting the good players, it's the Yankees and Red Sox. It just tends to widen the gap between the top and bottom of the league, where a dispersal draft would narrow it.

2. In OOTP it's possible to see team's financial reports pretty easily.

3. I'm waiting to find this out myself. Trying to make sense of the schedule editor via OOTP is basically impossible since baseball and hockey schedules are just too different. In OOTP there is an option for a balanced schedule though, so it'd be safe to assume that if you have a league of 22 teams without conferences or divisions you'd very easily be able to get each team to play each other twice at home and twice on the road simply by setting an 84 game schedule with balanced schedules on.

4. I've asked some questions about the relegation system and how youth gets handled and haven't heard a word back. This one is driving me crazy, since a free-for-all would mean I'd have absolutely no interest in using such a league for much the same reasons as #1.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote