View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 03:50 AM
the edler
Cory Schneider fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
Yes and it's not really about removing Gretzky either, there were plenty of centres at and above Peters level.
I don't think "plenty" is the right word here, yes there was centers at and above Stastny like Trottier, Dionne or Messier but those guys are all bonafide Hall of Famers, Stastny was a top 6 scorer 6 times and scored the most points by any player in the 80s not Gretzky, and he missed some of his best years in the NHL as he came into the league at 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
Probably Chara, as much as I dislike him. But he is the only Slovak who was the best at his position, at least for a short time.
I can see how you can like to make a case for Chara but he didn't do anything in the league in his first years with the Islanders and won his Norris and got his All Star selections in a pretty weak era for defensemen, it was pretty much an aging and a bit past his prime Lidström, an aging and a bit past his prime Pronger and then Duncan Keith, I think he would have looked a lot weaker in the early 90s against prime Bourque, Chelios and Leetch, or in the early 00s against prime Lidström and Pronger

Is Chara better than Scott Stevens because he's got a Norris and Stevens don't?

the edler is offline   Reply With Quote