Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVII
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 03:06 AM
breakawaygoal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Agreed!!! Too many over paid grinders on this team, and that is all on McPhee's poor decision making.

Trade at least one of Laich, Brower, Ward or Chimera in a package for a skilled top 6 winger who can score some goals.

I agree we gave up too many skilled guys and didn't replace them, instead relying too much on Ovie this year. Backstrom isn't really a goal guy, neither is Ribeiro. Wolski appears rather average also on the goal scoring front. Poor decisions GMGM!! Brower isn't worth 3.66 million and Ward is a 2 million player.

We need Bobby Ryan or someone like that on the team, a reliable winger who can perhaps reignite Ovie and generate some chemistry with him. Second line though is weak as hell!
We have two elite prospects coming in the next season or two who are both goal scoring wingers.... add that to Ovie and that makes 3 top-6 forwards who can score. I'd say we need one more competent top-6 winger unless you like Brouwer/Laich/Johansson in that spot (I don't, except maybe for Brouwer).