View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 05:25 AM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
I never really knew much about Cerrone until he came over from the WEC, and while he looked impressive against Siver, I'm a little surprised at how badly he's gotten dominated in his two hyped fights (Diaz, Pettis). He seems to have solid striking, and is huge for a 155er, but it just doesn't seem to always translate (at least not in those two fights).

I have a feeling I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a Pettis fan at all. I hope Bendo whoops him real good. He tries that cartwheel kick like something out of a movie, then this time goes for a knee off the fence (granted it landed). I could be wrong, but it would seem to me that it would take an awfully cocky guy to actually practice those maneuvers.

Definitely was cool to see Rampage being his usual self at the weigh-in. He certainly looked in shape for the fight, and while he got taken down a little easier than I think he would've in his prime (and seemed to gas a little quicker too) I think it's pretty much just like he said in his post-fight interview where he's probably just at a point now where he won't be able to beat the top guys. Not sure if everyone heard, but after the fight he told Glover he was a fan of his. That was really cool. Toward the end of that fight you really felt like you were watching yet another of the legends on his way out. It's a little tough for sure. I know the guys today are fantastic, and we're likely seeing more talented guys than ever before (and it's still great to watch), but it's just not quite the same (at least for me).

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote