View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 06:33 AM
LotteryForLife*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderson View Post
Why doesn't the good draft of 2008 count? Snow drafted Hammer, Martin and Ullström in that draft. He also drafted two regular NHLers 2009, Cizikas and JT. Maybe more to come in Lee, CdH and Nilsson. It seems like you don't know that our prospect pool is very deep and talented. Read about our prospects. It will be more NHLers soon - when they're ready. No need to rush them like Bailey.

2010 Snow drafted Niño, Nelson and Kabanov.
2011 he drafted Strome, Mayfield, Sundström, Kichton, Pedan, Russo, Persson and Theoret. That draft is almost perfect. All of those players can be "regular NHLers" in the near future.

There is three players drafted after Reinhart who are playing in the NHL right now. Grigorenko, Laughton and Matteau. I guess that you blame Snow for not drafting Stefan Matteau instead of Reinhart?

206 players was drafted after Strome. Only 9 has played in the NHL. Most of those players like Rakell, Bärtschi and Zibanejad hasn't played more than 10 games. Only two of the players who got drafted after Strome has played more than 10 games in the NHL. #8 Couturier and #139 Shaw. Do you blame Snow for drafting Strome instead of Andrew Shaw? I don't.
The 2008 draft doesn't count because there have been 4 drafts since then, with 6 first round picks, and tons of mid round picks and we have only John Tavares to show for it, a layup of a pick.

In 2009 he reaches for Calvin deHaan at #12
passing on current NHL regulars Kulikov, Kassian, Leddy, Kreider and Josefson to name a few

In 2010 he reaches a little once again for Nino at #5
passing on current NHL regulars Cam Fowler, Granlund, Skinner, Burmistrov and Terasenko

In 2011 he goes a little out of the box with Ryan Strome at #5 and while Strome has never played in an NHL game, Dougie Hamilton and Sean Couturier (both rated higher) follow Strome and look at them now.

Now in 2012 he reaches massively at #4 for Reinhart who was rated the 10th best NA skater in the draft and once again we watch as a bevy of better players follow.

If this doesn't spell it out enough I can go on for the truly thick skulled

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote