View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 07:24 AM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

vCash: 500
not everyone is John Tavares or Sean Coutirer. some players take longer to develop.

I'm not a Snow fan at all, but I've been pretty happy with his drafts. I'm not going to get on him because Casey Czikas took a few years to make it to the NHL. Nor am I going to get on him because de Haan has been injured much of his career, otherwise he very likely would have been up by now. I'm thankful neither of our goalies are up yet. Strome & Reinhart aren't ready. Nino is benefitting from more time in the AHL.

I think that every prospect drafted that deserves to be up, is up here. You want to get on him for the development and rushing of certain prospects. That's fair game. but don't get on him for choosing Ryan Strome over Dougie Hamilton or something. Strome was and is an excellent pick for this franchise. Just because Hamilton got to the NHL faster doesn't mean Snow messed up.

I also like how you just stick to 3 years ago. Because if you were talking about 4 years ago, then that's 5 NHL regulars the Islanders drafted, although Spurgeon is no longer here.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote