View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Jakey53

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I think Barkov would require the least amount of polishing to become a Dave Tippett player. Sean Monahan is essentially a Dave Tippett dream player, too. All five have the potential to be good fits. Personally, I really love the overall set of skills and ability Monahan brings to the table. He's probably my favorite player outside of the big three, but still likely in the top five of the draft. He's basically exactly what we've all been pining for since the first time Roenick left.

If we don't end up quite so lucky, but are still fortunate to have a pick five spots lower than Monahan will likely go, I really like Curtis Lazar. I could see him as a Mike Fisher kind of player. Heart and soul, guts and grit player. Excellent defensively and another Tippett dream. His offensive stats have not been eye popping but I really loves the instincts, the drive, the skating, and his shot is undeniably excellent.

If we are a handful of spots lower than that, I like Max Domi. He's a little pit bull of a player. I really love his skills with the puck and his second and third efforts. He spends too much time with his butt on the ice, but God damned this kid can make a great play with his ass planted on the ice. Haha. Very slick player that plays with a lot of intestinal fortitude. Needs to get bigger and needs a ton of work away from the puck. Nowhere near ready for Dave Tippett. I think the Hunter's do a good job of instilling the basic components, though.

If we pick a few spots lower, than I really like Morgan Klimchuk. Breathtaking speed and excellent puck control at top speed. Good hands and finish in close. Like Sjostrom if he could actually score. Like what we all want Korpikoski to be. After benefiting from a big growth spurt and really working hard at improving his all around game, he's now a polished defensive contributor and good PKer. People have a lot of great things to say about his character and drive.

After Klimchuk and moving late into the first I like Hartman who I posted about a little ways up in the thread.

Beyond that I really liked what I saw from Arturri Lehkonen the other day and Oliver Bjorkstrand last year. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of both. Justin Bailey I like as a 2nd rounder.

Anyway that's what my Christmas list looks like now. It's sure to change after the WJC and Memorial Cup.
If the coyotes pick second, and Jones is available, would you select him?

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote