Thread: The MDZ Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Does anyone else think he looks a lot faster? Just seems like a more fluid skater than he was last year.
Maybe a bit. He's also been a pretty good straight line skater, but his pivoting is still kinda bad I think. He definitely has a weakness when it comes to defending against players coming at him with speed and going wide around him. If he has to pivot and try to stay with him he gets in trouble sometimes. Just takes him an extra bit of time to get turned around and back up to speed, compared to someone like McDonagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
i always disliked him, but he's matured a lot. he looks confident out there. his mindset looks different. as long as he stays consistent he will easily be one of our best valued guys on the blue. now he just needs to work on that shot and he'll be golden
I think he's playing more confident but also more relaxed...where he got into a ton of trouble in his sophomore year was that he acted like he could make any pass and that he needed to be making all these great plays with the puck. This year (and probably last year, but he seems better this year) he's making confident plays but he's not rushing things as and is waiting until the right time.

He can still probably clean up things in his own end but he's also trying to adjust to playing the right side

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote