View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 08:40 AM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
Yeah because when my boss cuts my salary I get 3-5 times what I presently earn. That is a useless argument. Patches is a great contract. Seems to me he also had a bridge contract, but we can keep going in a circle if you like. Subban would be our second highest after the over payment on price's contract. You were saying about not overpaying on UFAs, I hate that they are overpaying on the guys we develop. Price should have been 5 mill 5.5 tops. I don't worry about cube(1 year) or prust who has already shown his contract may be high but he is worth his value.? Maybe you should worry about the present management moves instead of believing this is Goat or Gainey
*sigh*

The bridge contract should not be standard across the board. It's simply stupid. Max and Price needed brdige contracts because they had not proven themselves. Max was coming off a broken neck and a career 49 points. Price lost his job to Halak and had 2 poor years. A bridge was needed. Why is this so difficult for people to understand? If Gally lights it up, you're goign to offer him a bridge and point to Max and Carey who were nowhere near established at that point? Silly!

I have no issue overpaying a bit on YOUNG CORE players that are developed internally over paying 5+M on over the hill UFA's to fill the holes of the young, core players you tossed away in deals for various reasons (attitude problems, piece to acquiring a useless overpaid scrub, etc).

Gainey and Gauthier years are over but I still feel like I'm still in them with stupid "rules" like not negotiating during the season and offering bridge contracts to every single player coming off their ELC.

I'd rather overpay Price than lowball him, piss him off, then have to find an old, UFA goalie for more than that..and tha's if he even wants to play for Montreal.

We got guys that want to play for this team for a long time and we're peddling 2 year lowball contracts...and some fans eat all up...just like how they ate up Gauthier and Gainey's silly moves and ideologies.