View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Captain Kulador
yay hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Unfortunately, we can't send him to the AHL, because I think that would be best for him. He's physically dominating in the Q, but in the AHL, he won't be able to dominate everyone physically like he does in the Q. It would allow him to focus more offensively, etc.

I think the consensus for everyone is that he is a good third/fourth liner right now, but he has the potential to be better offensive, skating-wise and defensively, so there's no reason to burn one year of his ELC as a 7-10 minute fourth liner.

However, his last remaining hope to stick around is to impress alongside Kovalchuk and Zajac. If he can do that and develop some chemistry (it seems like no one has fit right on that line so far), the Devils may keep him for the year. The only problem is that he has only two games to prove that.
100% agree and it will make the decision incredibly difficult on Lou if he does impress. He may streal tedenby's spot on the team which is fine by me. If he can get ~10 mins a night that is great.

He's like a young Randy mckay/david Clarkson and with Clarkson in the top 6 it has been missing on the 3rd/4th line. Maybe he can even displace barch and barch gets an amnesty buyout at end of season.

Captain Kulador is offline   Reply With Quote