View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 08:47 AM
Crazed Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
He probably thought Crosby would jump around him so he played him too cautiously (as a reactionary play rather than a planned effort to let him walk in front of the net). I don't disagree with you though, you have to stay on that type of player and not give them any space. All players make mistakes and I'm sure Stuart is aware of his.

On a related note I think Burmi is quickly becoming the most physical player on the team. He's finishing checks all over the ice, including against much larger players like Chara. Watching the Bruins game you could tell the two teams had different intensity levels since the Bruins all finished their checks every time while most Jets would turn away once the puck is gone.
I agree with most of the posts that Stuart is best utilized in the #5-6 role. Bogosians return is going to be great.

Burmi on the PK is very fun to watch. I just wish there was a little more finish on it. He will make these great moves and then fan on a shot or slip. I think with time that will come. I love that he can tie up 1-3 opposing players in the boards.

Crazed Fan is offline   Reply With Quote