Old
01-27-2013, 10:08 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrico Gold View Post
Looks like we have another player, although he's a Langfuhr.

Cohen pulling Frac Daddy back eliminated him from the race.

Wonder how Paco is feeling tonight?
We have the potential of a fun Florida Derby. The pressure could be on Rosie/Pletcher.

Quote:
“I’m very thankful for Mr. Plesa, who gave me the opportunity to ride Itsmyluckyday,” said Trujillo, who rode the Kentucky-bred for the first time Saturday after Paco Lopez honored a commitment to ride troubled fifth-place finisher Bern Identity. “This was the trip Mr. Plesa and I hoped for.”
Trujillo heeded Plesa’s pre-race advice to a ‘T.’

“I told Elvis, ‘If you’re seven-wide on the first turn and four-wide heading for home, you’re not going to win the race.' I just wanted the best horse to win the race; I believe that’s what happened today. I didn’t see anybody that had any big excuses as far as wide trips. That’s what I wanted for our horse; I wanted a fair chance to win the race,” Plesa said.
Quote:
“The winner was very good today. We were second best. We got a good trip and didn’t expect to break the track record by three-fifths of a second in order to win,” Pletcher said. “I was happy. We got the trip. We got the trip we anticipated.”
http://www.horseraceinsider.com/Pres...d-in-holy-bull
------
Quote:
“I thought it was a big race,” Pletcher said. “The winner was very good. We were second-best.”
Shanghai Bobby easily finished second, 11 lengths ahead of Clearly Now and Luis Saez.
“He ran well. He was relaxed on the lead and went right to the front today,” said Rosie Napravnik, who has been aboard Shanghai Bobby in all his starts. “When the other horse came to him, he tried really hard.”
Quote:
Plesa said he wasn’t sure when his fast-improving contender would run next. He seemed to be leaning toward the March 30 Florida Derby, but the new Derby points system might dictate entering the Fountain of Youth Stakes on Feb. 23. Both races are at Gulfstream Park.