View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 10:13 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
It's easy to dismiss something as irrelevant when you're wrong, which you are. We don't win the Cup without him, we don't have our first line capable of racking up goals without him on the second line. The alternative before him was no secondary scoring at all, which we saw ourselves before he got here. All that stuff is true.

I'm glad Richards took the 5 tonight. He didn't play great, but he did his job and that's better than the last few games. Taking everything into consideration, including his poor conditioning, I'm happy with that.

Right now we seem like a really ungrateful fanbase with all the complaining that's gone on this week, but we still won the game tonight and got a point out of the one before it, and this guy did his job. Yet everyone has been talking about players we shouldn't have kept, yada yada, all week, just FOUR games after we won a Cup. What happened to "I would trade it all for a Cup?"

I get that he wasn't great last regular season but I can't understand why everyone's getting on his back right now. I don't think very many people expected a season in the first place, the players are included in that boat, if he's out of shape so be it.
Couldn't have said it any better. Would you guys rather have Stoll or Lewis or even Loktionov playing 2nd line center???

Mike Richards is the kind of guy that has sacrificed everything (especially his body) to win. So he finally wins the ultimate prize and enjoys a long summer break, big deal. He's a pro and a winner. He's going to get it together real soon just like Dustin Brown.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote