View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 11:26 AM
airforceones25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
What is with all the Fasth hysteria? He played a decent game, and did well in the shoot out, but he's not supplanting Hiller any time soon. The shoot out was a function of nobody having a book on him and knowing where his weaknesses are to shoot yet combined with it being Nashville's forwards. He also plays very high out, leaves big rebounds, and is somewhat scrambly after a shot misses the net. During the game, there were several occasions where the puck was put out to the side and Nashville just fumbled the puck and missed what would have been an open net - Vancouver easily would have had 5-6 goals on him last night.
THANK YOU! Someone said it!

Honestly from my perspective Fasth looked very average at best. I'm pumped he got the win and he came up with stops at key moments. In reality though he looked extremely discombobulated at times. He seemed to be scrambling out of position quite often. His lateral movement was slow especially when the puck came from behind the net. His rebound control was pretty poor and as a result both goals came off huge juicy rebounds.

Honestly I don't really care how he played because at the end of the day we still got the W but I think people are extremely over reacting in this thread about how awesome he played. He did have a great interview though. Lol