View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 10:38 AM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Agree. This is what I meant in more words by Bergevin lacking the security to trade Subban. It's a business and no owner would want there most marketable top young player gone. It makes zero logic.

This is Bergevin's mistake in the doing and he's going to have to figure a way to get himself out of it.

I'm almost positive that PK's agent interprets it this way too and is advising PK just to hold patience and not accept a short term because he knows that MB will have to give-in and up his offers (especially if they stage a trade request).

Ya sure technically we can play real hard ball with PK and have him sit the year - but once we go into a mini losing streak and the crowds start chanting "PK PK Pk'' a deal will get done.

The whole thing I find frightening about this situation is the fact that we have a supposedly qualified GM that made this mess on his own doing.

The only strategy he can save face on at this point if this is just a lesson on grounding PK into being a more humble person in the lockeroom by making him reflect on his attitude while watching games on TV in Toronto.
This should have been Bergevin's easiest move and he's found a way to **** it all up. I can only shake my head at this.