View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
From a Blues fans perspective, I struggle to see how a move like this would make any sense. Our bottom 2 pairings are set, and we are looking for a partner for Pietrangelo. Moving Schwartz for a defensive prospect still leaves us in a similar position to where we are now with Cole.

Maybe in the summer, but most of the names being mentioned in this thread wouldn't be close.
You make good points, but there are a few of the names tossed out in this thread that I, personally, find appealing... starting with Cody Ceci.

A first round pick (15th overall 2012) with excellent size (6' 3, 205), Ceci was recently traded in the OHL from Ottawa to Owen Sound, so he's playing in front of Jordan Binnington... which means that the Blues will be able to get a pretty good look at him, since I'm sure they have someone looking in on Binnington pretty regularly.

Only downside is that he's a right-hand shot, but he's a talent.

For lefties, I'd be willing to consider Hampus Lindholm. He's also a first-round pick (6th overall in 2012) and has been playing in the AHL at age 18 (just turned 19 on Jan. 20). He's got comparable size to Ceci at 6' 3, 196, and is more of a stay-at-home defender. He's currently out of the Norfolk lineup with a concussion, though, and with two of our own 2012 draftees -- Tyrel Seaman and Mackenzie Maceachern -- also having concussion issues, that concerns me a bit.

An offer of Schwartz straight up for either Ceci or Lindholm would at least get me talking, if I were the GM in Ottawa or Anaheim. I would definitely want to have a clean bill of health on Lindholm before I went past the initial interest stage, though...

Last edited by Prussian_Blue: 01-27-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: corrected typo in "Binnington."
Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote