View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Cash for Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsDavid View Post
Well we lost but at least we played the right way. Entertaining game.

Mason played well. More imortantantly for most of the game the 18 skaters in front of him played hard.
Too many bad turnovers for us, led to a couple goals - also Aucoin losing his jock strap at mid ice. Wow terrible play.
RyJo, Calvert and Prospal played very well. Prospal is as close as we have to a playmaker and I think he is clearly helping the youngsters. Not a slam against prospal he's just older and with the shortened season he's still working himself into game shape.
Chicago is really a good team, holding them to 3 goals is a good effort all the way around.
I think the power play looks better. Against Detroit we were struggling just to pass the puck around the perimeter looking for a shot. Last night it seemed like we had a plan (many times a 2 man game a man on top/center trying to get Wiz (usually) on his left hand side the puck with a line to the goal. Very simple but to me it seemed more effective.

I would add John Moore as well. He is not much of an offensive force "yet" but what a terrific skater. Seeing him live last night you get a better perspective just how effortless his skating is and a big reason why he is never out of position. Hopefully his offensive game develops and people will begin noticing his overall game more.

He might be a rare CBJ first rounder that actually pans out.

Cash for Nash is offline   Reply With Quote