View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 12:06 PM
meng666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
I think we can take a lot of positives away from this game, Reimer played well and 3 of the goals were tip ins and 1 off a scramble in front of the net with Reimer down and no chance to stop the puck and 42 shots on him.

We kept a very big and very talented team, at bay for 2 periods, until the dam broke however we won two fights and I thought Phanuef and Kostka, did a great job, on checking the Rangers top line.

Before this game started, I thought we were going to have our doors blown off and in the end we did lose but the Rangers knew they were in a hockey game and we were no push over.

Carlyle's Defense first system, means less offense but also consider, we have lost two of our top 6 players, in Lupul and MacArthur not to mention Gardiner re-habing on the Marlies.

The game was a loss but I thought we played very well, against a very good big team, one that we may see, in the finals for the Stanley Cup.
I agree with this.
Rangers are cup favourites and that first line is unbelievable. We hung in there with them for most of the game with big holes in our lineup. It's not really fair to think that the Leafs are complete **** until the full lineup is in place and they are losing games regularly. The team is pretty good but I think Phaneuf is gonna have to step it up a bit more, he has it in him.

meng666 is offline   Reply With Quote