View Single Post
01-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Lets rock
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I'd rather see Galchenyuk there. More offensive upside.

Gally has played LW almost all season, he is prepared to play that position more than anyone.

How do you justify taking someone from the press box and putting him on the first line? Why was he sitting in the press box?
I don't argue that Gally may look nice on that line, but putting Eller there and seeing what he can do won't hurt the team. At some point the kid needs a chance, Gally will get his. That 1st line has been mostly crap to start the season, it won't hurt to give Eller a shot, writing off his talent without giving him a shot is just wasting him. You don't have a 4 goal game in the NHL without having some skill, whether Gally will be better him or not.

I can easily justify it since it's happens all the time for every team. How many times was Kovalev sat as a healthy scratch for us and then put back in to 1st line minutes? Eller wasn't playing "bad", he wasn't putting enough effort in. Making him a healthy scratch just may be the fire he needs under his ass to prove himself. You don't know, none of us do. the only way to find out is to try it. That's how most lineups find players who have chemistry together, experiments.

disturbedraven is offline   Reply With Quote