View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 11:19 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
I don't argue that Gally may look nice on that line, but putting Eller there and seeing what he can do won't hurt the team. At some point the kid needs a chance, Gally will get his. That 1st line has been mostly crap to start the season, it won't hurt to give Eller a shot, writing off his talent without giving him a shot is just wasting him. You don't have a 4 goal game in the NHL without having some skill, whether Gally will be better him or not.

I can easily justify it since it's happens all the time for every team. How many times was Kovalev sat as a healthy scratch for us and then put back in to 1st line minutes? Eller wasn't playing "bad", he wasn't putting enough effort in. Making him a healthy scratch just may be the fire he needs under his ass to prove himself. You don't know, none of us do. the only way to find out is to try it. That's how most lineups find players who have chemistry together, experiments.
I don't disagree with this.

I just don't think Eller fits that role moving forward. I think he can be an elite 3rd line centerman for us, maybe 2nd line. I just don't know if he has the vision or consistency required to fit that role on a regular basis.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote