View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 12:23 PM
BinCookin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan2Holland View Post
Yeah I personally disagree.

If Howard plays really well this year, and he's looked decent so far, he is going to want big bucks and a long term deal. I like Howard, but I don't think he is a $5 million caliber goalie. Now if he was willing to sign a shorter deal (3 years or so) I'd be willing to go that high...anything over that and I wouldn't pay him a dime over $4... Plus we have Mrazek on the rise, and while its only the AHL, he is looking impressive so far. I'd sign a cost-efficient stopgap until Mrazek is ready, rather than overpay to keep Howard as a UFA. I'd rather spread out that money to improve the rest of the roster.

This seems like the most effective way to run a team during the cap era; you draft well, develop your players, sign UFAs as needed, and when players get too expensive, let them go for cheaper home grown talent.

I would definitely want Filppula back if he was willing to take a hometown discount. But with Jarnkrok on the way, he may become obsolete... Although I do like him on the wing, like I said depends on cost.

Brunner looks good so far. Optimally you get him for a few years for less than $3 million per and sign him to an extension later if he's looking good still.
With the old CBA and cap hit... i could see

4 year deal for Howard 4.75 per
5 year deal for filppula 4.5 per
2 year deal for brunner 3.25 per

(i always hope we can sign them for less than these numbers)

New CBA no idea

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote