Thread: Proposal: Wild-Pens
View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
As a fan of both teams, I think this is a trade that's great for both teams. Setoguchi would be insane to watch with Crosby and Despres would give me a lot more confidence about our young defensemen going forward. What I think would happen would Despres would continue to be in Houston for the year (barring injuries) and Zucker would likely take Setoguchi's spot.

As for the person who suggested Maata (sorry, I forgot who it was) instead of Despres, that'd be really interesting. Considering before the draft, Maata said he wanted Minnesota to select him. The one thing to keep in mind is Maata would be those few years behind Despres in development, but either way, I'd be happy with either one.

While I do agree with Fel's point about it'd be strange trading Setoguchi - after we just signed his good buddy Torrey Mitchell last summer, I don't think the Penguins are in a position to take on Mitchell's salary and it's still a business. From what I remember (I haven't got to watch ever Wild game this year), Mitchell has looked pretty good out there.
Why trade a young defenseman with upside like Despres, for Setogucchi's declining numbers? Please explain that one for me. Don't say he is the perfect fit for Crosby either. He declined immediately the following year after 30 goals and was surrounded by great talent. I wouldn't even give up Matta either.

Seto has been a bust in Minnesota and is now a spare part instead of a solution. Do you give up a high prospect, or someone like that for a spare part? I don't.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote