View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 11:35 AM
LEAFSIN4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Top 6 deficiencies, said it last year, said it this spring/summer and fall.

The core of this team is the same as it has been the past 4 years, to somehow to expect a different result is like a fly hitting the window trying to get out. Interesting but the fly usually doesn't, and you find a dead corpse in the day after.

It's the ultimate circle jerk- Kessel, Phaneuf, Grabo, Lupul, Kule, are not getting this team to the playoffs, This is your core nucleus, as long as they are, this team is destined for a top 5-10 draft pick.

But, I was challenged on this many times by the blind faithful, which often caused me to reply, yeah we are so good, why are we so bad year in year out. 5 years and counting, when does the fly escape?
Fans saying we need to blow it up are just as bad as fans saying we are fine just the way we are

it is a process, you don't ever stay completely the same nor do you just blow everything up and hope for different results. You put players that you have faith in on the ice while building depth in your organization. You assess what you need and who you can give up while working within the framework of the CBA. There are always opportunities to make moves and improve, all you need is common sense, patience, good judgement, and cap space. For the first time since in the cap world we can finally say we have this... it took 7 years to get to this point, but we're here.

You say the core needs to be changed... I say the core isn't complete and needs to be added to. I say we need more experience. I say this team isn't built yet, and this season is right along the lines of what we should have expected this season. At this point we don't expect different results, we just expect there to be some improvement.

Everyone just loves to come out and say "I told you so" like you made some amazing prediction. The fuc*ing GM pretty much came out and said we don't expect to win this year, it's a long term thing.

LEAFSIN4 is offline   Reply With Quote