View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Doesn't the Ohl goalie have another year of junior eligibility?
Technically, yes, I think he does... but he's already signed to his ELC, and I don't see any way that Binnington is NOT on the Peoria roster next year.

Paul Karpowich has been stepping it up in Evansville lately, too, and still needs to be considered as being in the mix.

As for Lundstrom,. his contract with AIK expires after this season, while the current #1, Daniel Larsson, is still under contract to them until 2013-14. I'm having a hard time believing that Lundstrom is going to somehow supplant Larsson as the #1 there next year, so the way may be smoothed for Lundstrom to cross the pond; there are options for him and the Blues if the Blues don't have room for him in Peoria, or if he balks at being sent to Evansville.

I'm going to be doing a story for "Game Time" on this very subject here in the next week or so. If you don't get the paper at the game, I'll be posting it on the website after it appears in the paper.

One question I'll ask here, and I may use some of your feedback in the article if you all don't mind: Would the Blues, as an organization, be better off moving their AHL affiliate to a larger and more "cosmopolitan" city with a larger and more modern facility, like Kansas City or Tulsa, as opposed to keeping the AHL affiliate in a city that has been -- unfairly or not -- perceived as a Podunk, minor-league burg?

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote