View Single Post
Old
01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
ean

vCash: 500
Sounds like you are judging their products based on everything except the actual product...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
I'm dead ****ing serious.

The first thing that came to my mind when I heard about Hockey Tron

And upon further investigation, a lot of their product designs are inferior rip offs from existing brands.

Just feels like very little effort was put into their stuff. The fact that they don't have credible sources vouching for them don't help either. I also don't think a lot of the major online retailers carry Hockey Tron, which is pretty telling of their quality.

Most online retailers will carry Bauer, Easton, RBK, CCM, Sherwood, Graf, Warrior and Sherwood (Mission for inline). These are the major brand names in hockey.

Some retailers may carry other smaller niche brands such as Eagle (gloves), TPS (stick), Combat (sticks), Alkali (sticks), Cascade (helmet), Tackla (pants), Winnwell (price), Grit (bags), Miken (sticks), Brian's goalie gear, etc.

Never have I seen any reputable online vendor carrying a jack of all trades brand like Hockey Tron.

The only comparable brand to Hockey Tron is probably Winnwell, except they're dirt cheap, are of decent quality and is available at your local Canadian Tire.

Even if the product isn't widely available, if it's a bang for the buck or of superior quality, you'd think that brand's name would've at least traveled down the grapevine at the local hockey rinks. "Ah, yes Hockey Tron, it's [At least one of affordable, good performance or at least looks awesome]."

Of course, these conclusions drawn after looking through their shoddily made website.

I still maintain that the name of this brand sounds stupid. Even calling it Bob's Chintzy Hockey Gear sounds nicer than Hockey Tron. It's like an attempt at sounding cool back in the 1950's.

ean is offline   Reply With Quote